Thursday, September 23, 2010

the queens of Brunei


I'll tell you what happened on Day 3. it all started out wonderfully. (apart from the fact that in the morning I rushed out to IKEA to buy a FASTBO wall panel and then I remembered to buy a few other things, then, of course, I paid for them, and then, only when I got home I realised I had left the FASTBO wall panel behind. all the other unnecessary trinkets were there but not the wall panel which is actually kind of big, so you need real talent to manage to lose it somehow. I did lose it, anyway.) in the afternoon, Veron came, and we applied the second layer on the tiles and then she went back to teach and I went to talk about Michael Douglas on national television. the program I'm in is on every second week. I enjoy it a lot. and everytime I get a really nice, really over-the-top make-up (see above). Wall Street 2 is coming out in a few days and so I talked about Douglas and also about Adam Elliot's Mary and Max which is a claymation feature film. it was shot in 57 weeks. that's a long time to shoot lazy clay figures in very small, dollhouse-like spaces. anyway, after work I came home and decided to paint more furniture blue. I spent two hours painting stuff while talking to my friend, Dora, on skype. she lives in York, England. last weekend she went to a wedding that lasted for three days and she stayed at a hotel and slept in the same bed the queen of Brunei sleeps everytime she visits England, this is what the hotel people told her. now she should have asked which one because I've just checked and the sultan of Brunei has married thrice and currently has two wives. so we were talking and I was painting with grace and fervor, when, in rapid succession, I realised two things: 1. the blue paint was actually changing its colour, namely, it was getting lighter and lighter, and then, when it was almost white... 2. our can of paint was over. so today I'm going to buy more paint and repaint everything because this blue is simply too white.

No comments:

Post a Comment