in the afternoon, we embarked upon laying the laminate flooring. we rolled out the underlayment pad, and laid down the planks, Tetris-style, one by one, cutting them to the appropriate size with a coping saw I'd borrowed from Aron the other day. at the edges we used spacers (nice blue spacers) to get the gap of 1 cm, this is where the baseboards would be. sounds simple but it wasn't easy. we started from the wrong corner, we mixed up what glue to use and then we didn't use it at all because we couldn't get it out from its tube and we broke its applicator. 5 hours later, at the end, we were just sitting on the brand new, dark brown floor, laughing at the fact that I almost chopped off Veron's finger. we were too tired to stand up, or utter sentences, for that matter. we just wanted to sit there and laugh.
this was not the corner we should have started with.